Whew. 2016 is wrapping up and it has been a wild year.
I am not into New Year’s resolutions and making a big hoopla out of starting anew on January 1st. I don’t look at the start of the new year as this fantastical day when a page turns and things suddenly change. While 2016 had both its ups and downs, honestly, the downs were devastating and life-changing events that are seared into my memory with sadness, pain and grief.
So, this year, I am actually looking forward to closing the book on 2016 and starting 2017 with a fresh new outlook. To prepare, I spent the several months in planning mode and put effort into my venture, Cooking with Kimi.
I made myself a cute little logo. I got fancy pictures taken so I looked like the bad-ass cooking instructor that I am.
I spent time ‘curating’ my presence on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (insert unabashed plug to beg you to ‘like’, ‘follow’, ‘share’, ‘repost’ and <3 me often and with great enthusiasm).
I made cool new business cards and swag.
I also started teaching cooking classes out of my home as well as filing up my winter calendar with cooking classes all around Boston. Which is why I am asking all of you to come, cook with me!
Check out all the cooking classes coming up in 2017 (click the titles to register):
- Science of Food, Flavor & Cooking
- 6-Tuesdays, January 17 at Brookline Adult and Community Education
- 6-Wednesdays, January 18 at Cambridge Center for Adult Education
- 1-Day, February 21 at Boston Center for Adult Education
- Nutrient-Rich Foods, Wednesday, January 11 at Newton Community Education
- Browning for Flavor, Thursday, January 19 at Arlington Community Education
- Learning About Leaveners, Saturday, January 28 at Boston Center for Adult Education
- A Taste of Savory, Monday, March 6, Newton Community Education
- The Almighty Egg, Wednesday, March 8, at Arlington Community Education
- Sugar Plus Heat Equals Candy, Wednesday, March 15 at Arlington Community Education
- Introduction to Cheesemaking (with tastings and pairings)
- More Cheese
- Beginners Classes
- Savory Comforting Pies, Thursday, February 9 at Newton Community Education
- Basic Knife Skills, Tuesday, February 10 at Brookline Adult and Community Education
- Chicken 101, Tuesday, March 7 at Brookline Adult and Community Education
- Cooking for Cancer Patients, Tuesday, March 14 at Brookline Adult and Community Education
- Introduction to Fermentation, Friday, March 10 at Cambridge Center for Adult Education
- Kids Cooking
Don’t forget, you can always find all of this in a calendar format on my Upcoming Events & Classes page!